Sunday, August 7, 2011

Catching Up

Hey everyone! Hooray the weekend is here again! Just thought I would catch you all up on what we’ve been up to in the Bangert house this week. Tuesday, August 2nd,  Adelyn was 6 weeks old! Hard to believe! She is pretty strong with holding her head so I thought we’d try out the Bumbo seat! Needless to say, she loved it!! My heart just melts every time I see that toothless grin!!DSC00478

Wednesday Adelyn and I went to visit my friend Jill! We used to work together at the college. Jill has 2 little boys, Luke who’s 2 1/2 and Avery who is 8 months. It was fun to catch up with her and see her family! They live on a farm outside of town and I think Adelyn thought she could just let loose on the farm…she had 2 poopy diapers (one was a blowout)! Jill says she must have scared the poop outta her! ha ha!8.3.11 Visit Jill

In the mornings during the week Kyle has been getting up to run before work to beat the heat. So I bring Adelyn in to feed her in bed with me. I just love that quiet time with her in the mornings. Well on Thursday her breakfast was so good she zonked out!DSC00487

Let’s go in for a close up! I just love how she is laying on her side with her arms up by her head!! So sweet! She looked so tiny in Mommy & Daddy’s queen size bed!DSC00488

Oh and another update, Adelyn has slept in her Halo Sleepsack since we brought her home from the hospital. Well she was quickly getting too long for it. Adelyn has also been an amazing sleeper, usually sleeping for 7-8 hours/night. So on Wednesday night instead of swaddling her in the sleepsack I put regular ole jammies on her. I was nervous she might wake herself up more in the night with her arms free, but nope! She did great, slept 7 1/2 hours and Friday night she slept almost 9 hours!! Hooray!!DSC00479Oh and if you are wondering where I got Adelyn’s adorable onesie, it’s another SheSheMade item! Go here to see her site. I just love all her stuff, so fun!!

On Friday my friend Jill, Adelyn, and I all headed down to the Des Moines area for the Hwy 141 garage sales! Unfortunately it rained, but we still managed to find a few things we couldn’t live without! One of my few purchases for the day were these sunglasses for Adelyn! 25 cents!!!DSC00495

I think we could have gone for 2 days straight and not hit all the garage sales, it was crazy!!! Jill got me started on garage saling a few years ago when we still worked together! Adelyn did really well, especially for having to sit in her car seat for the majority of the day!

She’s ready for the sun!! She didn’t mind them on at all!DSC00492


1 comment:

  1. So jealous of you going to the Hwy 141 sales! I wanted to soooo bad but had to work, maybe next year! I love garage sales :)

    ReplyDelete

Daily Life






 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2016 • All Rights Reserved