Monday, October 17, 2011

Crafting Weekend

My friend and co-worker Kim and I, along with our babies, headed south over the weekend to Kansas for some crafting. She does this every year with her family and invited me along this year! Our destination was Baldwin City, Kansas. Every year they have the Maple Leaf Festival with a good sized craft show. DSC00922

We left at 5am Saturday morning on our 5 hour drive. The babies did WONDERFUL!! We stopped once on the way down to feed them and that was it!DSC00918

Kim’s little guy Reece is 3 weeks younger than Adelyn. They happen to be at the same daycare in the same room!  We said all weekend how fun it is going to be to watch our babies grow up together.DSC00891

Ok…back to our weekend! With the kiddos fed and dressed in their black & orange we headed to the craft show!DSC00892

Adelyn was excited!! ;) She should be too because I’m pretty sure about 95% of what I bought was for her! It’s funny how things change once babies come along! I love the change though!DSC00895

The craft show was PACKED with people! It made it quite interesting maneuvering our strollers around!DSC00896 DSC00897

Nearby one of the food stands were these little violin players. Look at the tiny one near the front, she has to be 3 or 4! They were good too!DSC00898

About half way through the craft show we met up with Kim’s family to chat a bit and to feed the babies! This is Kim’s niece Amber and her little girl Cambry (I hope I spelled that right!). Amber was so kind to let us park at her place and use her house for feeding the babies, changing them, and storing some bottles! Thanks Amber! :) One more thing, Cambry is 6 months old and crawling! I cannot even imagine Adelyn crawling in 2 months, crazy!DSC00899

Reece and Adelyn were both SO good in their strollers all day. And when I say all day I mean like 5-6 hours, which I was pretty impressed with!! I think it means like that craft shows! ;)DSC00900

While we were stopped Adelyn had her legs resting up on the stroller. Everyone got a kick out of her doing that! I joked that it wasn’t very lady like!!DSC00901

Once we were craft show-ed out we headed to Kim’s Aunt Ginger’s house just about 15 minutes away. We spent the evening there with Kim’s family including her Aunt Ginger, Aunt Pat, Phyllis (Kim’s Mother In Law), cousin Shelly, and friend Pete.  Every year they have soups for supper and just relax around the house visiting the night away.

Phyllis enjoyed getting her Grandma time in. I say she was Adelyn’s adopted Grandma for the weekend! As you can tell by Adelyn’s face she liked that idea!! :) But I’m not so sure Reece wanted to share his Grandma! :)DSC00910

When Sunday rolled around everyone packed up and headed out. Kim and I got the babies ready and drove a bit to the Legends, an outlet mall outside Kansas City. While Kim was getting ready and I was watching the kids I had to snap a few more pictures of them together! I tried to get Reece to put his arm around Adelyn, but as you can tell by his arms he was having no part of that! Ha!DSC00911

I just know they won’t appreciate these pictures when they are 16! DSC00916

Our friend Jenna, who lives in KC, met up with us at the craft show on Saturday and then joined us for some shopping on Sunday too. I was glad we got to see her on this last minute trip!!DSC00919

And Jenna was happy to see the babies! Jenna just got married last month, but I think these 2 little ones were giving her baby fever! ;)DSC00923

We finished up our shopping, said good bye’s to Jenna, and hit the road. And the babies were just as good on the way home! Kim and I enjoyed the girl/mommy talk the whole way home. So much so that Kim lost her voice. :(DSC00920

I will have to do another post with my craft show finds last this week! Happy Monday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun roadtrip!! I can't wait to see what all you got!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adelyn is such a cutie...the pic of her with her big smile in the stroller...LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I live right down the street from the Legends!

    ReplyDelete

Daily Life






 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2016 • All Rights Reserved