Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Chocolate & Abby

Obviously from the title you know this isn’t going to be a good post! Monday I came home from lunch and found this in my craft room:  DSC05438 

Early November Mom gave me and all my sisters an Advent calendar. Each day had a piece of chocolate. Well I misplaced mine. It got stuck with some of my scrapbooking stuff and put in my craft room. I couldn’t find it, but Abby did! And she ripped off the outer plastic, then all the cardboard, and ate ALL 25 pieces of chocolate! So I called the vet to see what I should do. They said to give Abby some peroxide to induce vomiting. Not a good thing for me because I have a weak stomach!

So I took my little fur ball outside and used a syringe to give her the stuff. The vet said she wouldn’t like and I could tell that she didn’t! I felt so bad for her!! So pretty quickly it started working and she threw up a LOT! I think about 10 little piles of chocolate, some pieces were still whole! Well she stopped throwing up, but was still gagging. By this time I’m tearing up, feeling bad for her and my stomach is turning!

She finally stopped and I took her inside for a bath! *Sigh* I’m happy to report she is still alive and kicking today!! Hopefully she learned her lesson and won’t eat chocolate again (I’m guessing not though!).

And here is my clean (chocolate free!) little pooch!! I gave her some extra loving last night since she had a rough day!DSC05436


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Life

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2016 • All Rights Reserved