Monday, November 18, 2013

Adelyn’s Birthday

ICYMI I’ve been a bad blogger & I’m determined to get caught to have our family memories “journal-ed” on our blog!
I know I blogged about Adelyn’s party, but I didn’t get a chance to post about her actual birthday (her party was a week after her birthday). The night before her birthday we made a quick birthday cake together. She LOVES to be Mommy’s helper (and taste tester) in the kitchen!
IMG_5426IMG_5433
I got a little emotional before we put her to bed…it was the last night with our 1 year old! Time needs to slow down!!
IMG_1571
The morning of her birthday the ambulance was at our neighbor’s house. She thought the fire trucks came for her birthday, sweet girl! She still talks about it: “firemens come to my house on my bert-day”! Notice her shirt, she wore her special SheShe Made birthday ice cream shirt to daycare on her birthday!
IMG_1581
One of my staff members at the office has a tradition with her kids to do a donut with a candle for birthdays. I thought it was a fun idea, so last minute Daddy ran to the store to get one. Needless to say, Adelyn loved it!
IMG_1584
For daycare birthday treats I stuck with the ice cream theme (her party theme was ice cream!) and we made rice krispie treat “ice cream” pops! Adelyn helped dip & sprinkle them!
iphone 883
After Adelyn’s nap I picked her up from daycare. On her birthday last year I had the whole day off and we had some special Mommy/Adelyn time. I think this is another tradition I want to do with our kids!
IMG_1585
We met up with my friend Sarah and her daughter Tricia at the splash pad (happened to go to the splash pad on her 1st birthday too!). Unfortunately it was a little overcast, but the girls still had fun together!
IMG_1588IMG_1592IMG_1593
After splash pad & playground fun we went to Tropical Smoothie. It was national flip flop day and they were giving away free smoothies. We also happened to run into some more friends, Melissa, Melora, & Melena, who were enjoying free smoothies as well!
IMG_1601
We picked up take-n-bake pizza and headed home. Both sets of grandparents came over for supper. After pizza Adelyn opened her gifts. I wrapped just a couple small things, so she would have a few things to open. Her big gift wasn’t the most compatible with wrapping paper, so we improvised!
IMG_5447IMG_5449
An “Iowa Hawk mobile”! Can ya tell she liked it? You can see more about it here.
IMG_5457
After gifts we had some cake! I’m not a baker, nor a decorator, but I messed around with Adelyn’s cake and used M&Ms (her fav!) to make a “2” and a few ice cream cones! She loves M&Ms, so it was a hit! She was showing us how old she is…2 fingers!
IMG_5460IMG_5461
So thankful for our sweet girl! Loved celebrating her big day!
IMG_5467

1 comment:

Daily Life






 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2016 • All Rights Reserved