Thursday, July 12, 2012

4th of July Celebration

This is a lot later than I would have like to get it posted, but better late than never!

It was my family’s tradition to go to a local, small town parade for the 4th. And that is just what we did this year! Kyle, Adelyn, & I met up with my parents and Wendi & Hayden. Thankfully my parents got there early & saved us a spot!314776_603051484933_1441594677_n

The kiddos were pretty excited for the parade…can ya tell?!?!

IMG_2722

I think this was 2nd favorite part of the parade. I think there were 8+ trucks with trailers filled with flags. Each flag represented a veteran who served our country. So thankful!

IMG_2726

Bicycle built for 4?

IMG_2729

487263_603055157573_216968664_n

This was my favorite part…there was a fly over! And they came by multiple times. Kyle was in 7th heaven, he loves fly overs even more than I do!

IMG_2731

Hayden wanted to wear Adelyn’s bow since he didn’t have red or blue on!

IMG_2733

Wendi thought at the beginning of the parade that she wouldn’t encourage Hayden to pick up candy, but that didn’t happen! Uncle Kyle helped him out and we came away with more candy than we needed! Hayden even snuck a few pieces!

IMG_2734

No Iowa parade is complete without farm equipment!

IMG_2735

IMG_2736

Adelyn has a thing about taking people’s glasses…we should probably work on this!

IMG_2741

Grandma & her grandbabies…one little grandbaby was missing though {Lily}!

IMG_2746

This float was for the girl scouts, they made a tower out of boxes of girl scout cookies! yum!

IMG_2755

After the parade we headed back to my parents house for lunch and then spent the afternoon at my cousin’s house cooling off in the pool!

IMG_2756

It was a wonderful 4th of July! Since it fell in the middle of the week I took Thursday {we had a funeral} and Friday off so that way I had a nice long weekend, it was glorious!!!


3 comments:

  1. Our town doesn't do a parade but alot around us do. I wish we would have thought to go to a parade. Oh well, there's always next year, and I know he'll really enjoy it next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love small town celebrations! And John would love Kyle's shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great family tradition! Looks like a great day!

    What a torturous float...the Girl's Scout float ;)

    ReplyDelete

Daily Life






 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2016 • All Rights Reserved