Saturday, November 21, 2009

Weekend In Wisconsin

My cousin Deneshia got married November 7th. (I know I’m a tad behind!) Mom, Mindi, Stef, Geoff, and I hopped in Mindi’s suburban and headed north for the event! We left Saturday morning to make it in time for afternoon wedding.
Mom drove the whole way there…DSC05006 
while my sisters and I had girl talk in the backseat…DSC05007 
and Geoff…well…put up with us! :) You’re a good sport bro!! DSC05008  
It’s about a 5 hour drive to the area where our family lives. The first 4 hours are all interstate and the last hour is 2 lane, 55 mph, curvy, small town roads.
Mindi wanted to stop and take pictures of this beautiful, recently constructed church she remembered from our May trip to WI. Her church (Mom also attends there as well) has plans to build a new church so Mindi wanted some ideas!DSC05013      
Me and my big sis!! I <3 her…even though she wears that ratty Cyclone sweatshirt! :pDSC05026  
We made it to WI and there 5 minutes of the Iowa vs. Northwestern game left. So I said some quick hellos and headed to uptown Augusta (the town where our family lives) to find a bar with a TV that got ESPN! Unfortunately we all know it was a heartbreaking 1st loss of the season. But I didn’t let it ruin the weekend with my family.
I rushed backed to my cousin’s house to clean up and head to the church for the wedding. Her colors were sage green and brown. Very pretty!
Groomsman and bridesmaid, sister of the bride, Sephra! Sephra is Wendi’s age and they always got along when we made the trip up north! She is such a gorgeous girl!!DSC05029 
Here comes the bride!!DSC05031   DSC05034  DSC05036   DSC05039 
Bridesmaid and Anthony, groomsman & brother of the bride! Him and his wife Amber live in Georgia with their 4 children. It was fun to see him and meet his beautiful family!DSC05041 
Congrats to the new Mr. & Mrs.!!DSC05044 DSC05045 
The dinner reception was small and only immediate family so we went to a nearby town, Osseo, where we found the Norske Nook to have a delicious, fun supper together!DSC05047DSC05046  
The Norske Nook is famous for their pie so, of course, we all had to get a slice! I got a peanut butter chocolate one!! Mmmm!!!DSC05048DSC05049 DSC05050 
After supper we headed to a cake reception and dance. It was fun to chat with our family and dance the night away!! Sunday we went to church and then hit the road home. It was a quick trip, but glad we could celebrate with Corey and Deneshia. Congrats to you guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Life






 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2016 • All Rights Reserved