Monday, March 21, 2011

Nursery Progress

Over spring break Kyle hung a few shelves in the nursery. I had a picture in my head of what I wanted to do with them, but needed to actually bring it to reality.

This is the view from the doorway: the crib is straight on & the shelves on the left. DSC09868

Here is another view. I used white gallery frames on the shelf we picked up at Ikea. Here are the details:

  • The frame on the far left has pink scrapbook paper with a white swirly design. Once we pick out her name I’m going to be a big initial of her first name.
  • The 2nd frame is something I designed & framed. (see next picture)
  • Then we have her ultrasound.
  • Lastly, I finished it off with some coordinating scrapbook paper I picked up at Hobby Lobby.
  • The 2 pink iron flowers below are hooks I also got at Hobby Lobby for $3/each.DSC09860

Here is a close up of what I made! I used the colors in her nursery (pink, blue, green, & brown), difference sizes, and jumbled the alphabet for something fun! I was so happy with how it turned out!DSC09861

Kyle also hung something I “stumbled” upon in our storage area in the basement. This is a scrapbook display frame my sister Mindi gave me years ago! It’s magnetic and also has some mini clothes pins. I thought this will be a great place to display pictures, her birth announcement, etc!DSC09865

After we got these things done, I just sat in the glider and enjoyed the room! *sigh* Just love it so far! I can’t wait for her to get here, the most important piece of this whole puzzle! I have another plan for the remaining 2 walls. One is dependent on what we pick for her name & the other is dependent on finding a friendly seamstress! ;) So we’ll save those for another day!


1 comment:

Daily Life






 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2016 • All Rights Reserved