Sunday, September 26, 2010

I’m proud to introduce…

My first nephew, Hayden James!DSC08548

Click here to read about how he came into this world!

I finally got to bed about 2am early Monday morning, but I was ready to go and see my nephew first thing in the morning!

Isn’t he SO cute!!!DSC08544

My little sister, Wendi’s, motherly instincts kicked in right away, she’s a great Mom!DSC08556

And of course, I’m not the only Aunt…here’s Aunt Mindi!DSC08559

And Aunt Stef! DSC08546

This little boy is greatly loved!DSC08563

If you recall from my post about the birth he wasn’t breathing right when he was born. They thought it was fluid in the his lungs, but then they detected a heart murmur on Hayden.DSC08574

They ran tests today and found out he has pulmonary hypertension, which means he is breathing like he is still in the womb and not like he should on his own. At birth there are some valves that are supposed to close and then the baby breathes through his lungs, but that didn't happen with Hayden. He was life flighted this evening by helicopter to a larger hospital with a NICU about 2 hours south.IMG00055-20100913-1956

The nurses and doctors said they have seen this before and comparing Hayden to recent cases he was the most stable, so at least that was reassuring. It was a long, emotional day. My sister, Wendi, had to stay in the hospital here. I am staying with her and hoping to go down to be with Hayden Tuesday morning.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Life






 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2016 • All Rights Reserved