Monday, September 29, 2008

Homemade Ice Cream!

For Kyle's birthday...last year...his parents gave him the kitchen aid ice cream maker attachment. We hadn't tried it out yet because it takes some odd ingredients that we usually don't have on hand. So I finally bought them when we went grocery shopping. And I went to make it last Wednesday night, read the recipe, and was greatly disappointed. You have to mix all this stuff together and let the ingredients chill for 8+ hours. So Friday on my lunch I got them all mixed up and it was going to be our late Friday night snack! It turned out pretty good, but I would say that a regular ice maker is much better. So I think we might buy one of those instead! The ice cream turned soft SSSOO fast we ended up eating it with a straw.

Here is what it looks like for those of you who hasn't seen one before!
Just starting to mix....still really runny!
Almost done, much thicker
Me enjoying our homemade ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Life






 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2016 • All Rights Reserved