Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Reflecting on 2016

I haven't done an update on my weight loss in a while and when I came across the calendar  ww_chefmaddie  posted I knew it was the perfect idea to share an update. Bad news: I didn't hit my #60lbsgonein2016 goal, but the good news is that I was about as close as you could be. On December 23rd I weighed in at 154 pounds, down 59.8lbs total! At first I was frustrated that I didn't hit 60, but after I took a while to think on it {and some encouragement from my hubby!} I realized I needed to be proud! 

Check out my 2016 calendar, 7 out of 12 months I lost weight and all those months added up to 59.8 pounds! I do have to share something though. See how I started out last January pretty good and then had 3 months of no loss! Don't do what I did! Stick to those goals you've set because each workout, each healthy meal, and each time to say NO to something that will NOT help you get to your goal will all add up to something amazing! Everyone wants results overnight, but unfortunately that's not how it works {sadly!}. It takes lots of good choices over time that will add up to a healthier & stronger you! 

Today is a pretty significant day, last January 4, 2016 I weighed in my highest ever at 213.8 pounds! Only 6 pounds more and I would have weighed when I walked into the hospital to deliver each of my babies! I was unhealthy, unhappy, and ready for a change. I'm proud to say January 4, 2017 I weighed in this morning at 157!  56.8lbs difference in a year! I do have 3 pounds to lose over Christmas, but I'm not letting that get to me. I'm back in my routine and know they will come off soon and I'll hit that 60lb mark before I know it! (Oh and today is my BIL's birthday...Happy Birthday Geoff!)

Now time to think about what I want to accomplish in 2017!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Life






 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2016 • All Rights Reserved